Disclosure: Content linked in this article may be affiliate links. All that means is that I may earn a few pennies if you use the link and make a purchase – it helps me keep this site up 🙂 This post is not sponsored directly by these companies and only contains products that we genuinely love and recommend for any keyboard enthusiast. So thanks in advance if you choose to click!
Like me, you’ve probably come across these Marshmallow XDA keycaps on some site or another while surfing. But do they perform as well as they look? And how does the XDA keycap profile stack up against crowd favorites like Cherry and OEM?
Honestly, my first impressions after a couple days use are promising and favorable.
Marshmallow Keycap Sound Test
The keycaps sound very good sitting over the top of both Thoccy carrot switches and lighter sky blue switches. They have a great full sound to them.
How does the XDA Keycaps Feel Test
The large surface area which leaves just enough gap between the keys makes for a very solid and satisfying keystroke.
Marshmallow Keycap Quality
Although I’ll need to do more wear testing- none of the printing shows any kind of blemishing, smudging or wear so far. They are PBT Dye sub which is well done for the price range.
Marshmallow Keycap Color Scheme
The pastel color scheme is well appreciated for daily use, yet bright enough to be fun and visually interesting.
My ratings for the Marshmallow XDA Keycaps:
|Visuals||Very appealing pastel color palate yet not overwhelming- good visibility of the lettering and really nice blending of the pinkish red and the pastel blues into one unit- yellowish marshmallow color balances everything out very well.||4.5/5|
|Feel||The keys feel quite good for the price, no problems really and mount very well to the switches. The larger keys such as the space bar actually feel better and more secure than many other sets||4/5|
|Quality||These keycaps seem to be pretty well made to me, the letterings show no sign of wear or any morphing of the keycaps after moderate use.||4/5|
|Value for Money||I can’t really complain here as it’s a great set of keycaps that certainly won’t blow the budget! These keycaps are PBT Dye Sub and seem to be very well done for the price- usually keycaps in this price range are softer ABS and wear more easily.||5/5|
|XDA Profile||I quite like this profile- it’s not overly aggressive so you won’t get as much sensory feedback as what you’d get from a high sculpted profile but it’s a good balance of diameter and spacings. Even though the top surface area is reasonably large I rarely seem to hit the wrong key.||4.5/5|
|Sound||These sound awesome with a variety of tactile and linear switches.||4.5/5|
|Overall verdict||If I was a stock market analyst I would rate these a buy!||4.5/5|
Marshmallow XDA Sets available on Amazon:
- 【Widely Compatible】This keycap set contains 132 keys. it can fit most 61/64/68/84/75/87/96/104/108 mechanical keyboards.
- 【Durable PBT Material】With high-quality PBT material and an anti-grease coating, these keycaps provide top-notch durability and an excellent feel for your typing. less prone to grime buildup.
- 【Dye Sublimation Process】The keycap adopts advanced dye sublimation technology, the color pattern is more vivid, not afraid of oil stains, and has a long service life.
- Widely Compatible – These custom keycaps set consists of 132 keycaps, can be used for most ANSI US layouts keyboards.it can fit for 61/64/68/67/81/84/87/98/108 mechanical keyboard, ideal for custom…
- XDA Profile Keycaps – XDA keycaps are uniform across the row, which results in this profile being liked by people for having a great look. The touch area of the finger is larger. It is not easy to…
- PBT Dye-Sublimation Keycaps – With Premium PBT material and an anti-grease coating, these 132 keycaps set provide top-notch durability and a great feel for your typing.The Dye-Sublimation technology…
- Widely Compatible: This keycap set contains 132 keys.it can fit most 60%/65%/75%/80%/96%/100% (61/64/68/84/75/87/96/104) keys Keyboards can use.
- Good Material: The keycap is Made of PBT material, excellent to touch. The thickness is about 1.5mm. No fading and no dust accumulation. Good gift to the Mechanical Keyboard lover.
- XDA Profile Keycaps: keycap surface curvature to fit the fingers, more comfortable typing, It is not easy to fatigue after long-term use and has better comfort.
Last update on 2023-12-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API