Disclosure: Content linked in this article may be affiliate links. All that means is that I may earn a few pennies if you use the link and make a purchase – it helps me keep this site up 🙂 This post is not sponsored directly by these companies and only contains products that we genuinely love and recommend for any keyboard enthusiast. So thanks in advance if you choose to click!
Today, I’ll be sharing something that changes a bit more often: my home setup! Naturally, the home setup is for work, play, and study and that that in mind, things tend to change and move around more often. Looking back, when I was prototyping the SMORTCAR, I had 3 different boards on my desk at the same time! Let’s dive right in:
- Keycaps: /dev/tty MT3 Profile Keycaps with the Triumph Mod kit.
- Case: Layered Acrylic Case with a Stainless Steel Plate. These will be included in the SMORTCAR KB design files / laser cut link that I will make available with the hardwire tutorial.
- PCB: LOL What PCB? It’s hardwired!
- Switches: Drop (formerly Massdrop) Holy Panda Switches
- Cable: 3ft Mechcables Godspeed Custom Cable, Drop.com GB
- Keycaps: MiTo’s Godspeed MT3 Profile, Lunar Milky Way, Drop.com GB
- Case: Prime Keyboards Prime-M, traded with a friend. This is one of the favorite things I own when it comes to mechanical keyboards. Super sturdy and weighty as it’s made of Aluminum and comes with a thick brass bottom plate.
- PCB: Prime-M PCB. You can get the Light Version of the Kit here.
- Switches: Novelkeys Novelias. Very Tactile switches. These were offered for a limited time only. Novelkeys is still my go to switch shop though and they carry some neat desk pads as well.
- Cable: 3ft Mechcables Custom Cable. Ordered via Mechcable’s custom order form.
The Desk Pad: Ktrio Extended Gaming Mouse Pad, $11.99.
- AUKEY 10-Port USB Hub, $39.99. I wasn’t joshin’ when I mentioned how essential this is on my last What’s On My Desk. This is the same thing but with much more ports for all my ridiculous things.
- Dragon Quest Metallic Monsters Gallery: Metal Slime, $21.99. To keep me company.
- Baron Fig Mastermind Deskpad, $15 for a 2 pack. Great for jotting down quick ideas. Referral link (Give $10, Get $10): http://baronfig.refr.cc/keebblogger
Thanks for tuning in! I was surprised that I even had subscribers so soon but was contacted about this series (is it even a series? I’m not sure..). After discussing it for a bit, I have decided that the next post will be a feature of his set up. I really do enjoy talking to you all (the few of you that are here so far). Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or suggestions. Or just say hi!