Disclosure: Content linked in this article may be affiliate links. All that means is that I may earn a few pennies if you use the link and make a purchase – it helps me keep this site up 🙂 This post is not sponsored directly by these companies and only contains products that we genuinely love and recommend for any keyboard enthusiast. So thanks in advance if you choose to click!
Welcome to the very first episode / blog-a-sode / something-a-sode of “What’s on my desk?”! Here I will keep everyone posted about what I am currently using. Though I don’t think this is something that will change too often, I may switch out some setups here and there and will be updating the main “What’s on my desk?” along the way! I have plans in the future to feature some of YOUR setups as well so please subscribe to my email list and stay tuned for that. Your camera is probably way better than mine anyway.
- Keycaps: GMK N6TU1-CR, purchased from https://thevankeyboards.com. This set also came with Blue and grey accents (Space + Escape).
- Case: MHKB a.k.a. The Minivan Hacking Keyboard
- PCB: The Van Keyboards, Hotswap PCB.
- Switches: Gateron Ink Yellow Switches. Purchased from https://novelkeys.xyz/
- Cable: Generic 6ft USB C Cable I found on Amazon. I’ll be posting a tutorial soon on how to make a monkey fist cable.
- Artisans: RAMA WAVE SEQ2 (Kuro) x3. Close up!
The Mouse: Elecom HUGE Trackball Mouse, ~$55.
The Desk Pad: Grovemade Premium Dark Wool Felt Desk Pad (Small) $50
I have been using this one for a about a year now. While I can vouch for the quality, I personally think the price is a bit steep. There is no grip on the back so it easily slides around if your set up requires movement (I sometimes slide it over when I need more space for pen-and-paper-type work.)
- Notebook: Baron Fig Confidant $18. Referral link (Give $10, Get $10).
- Pen: Baron Fig Squire $55 + Pen Stand $24
- Off-pic Honorable Mention: Aukey 4-port USB Hub. I have one of these on every workstation. Very useful, especially if you are frequently moving USB Drives and Dongles around.
- Chogokin Keycappie (better pic below). You can get this little guy here. “What purpose does Keycappie serve?”, you may ask. My answer is: Keycappie makes me happy, that’s why. This Keycappie has a Gateron Ink Yellow Switch with a White SA R3 Blank.
Quick side note on blank keycaps: Pimpmykeyboard.com is my go-to for buying blanks keycaps. They sell them a la carte in packs and come in handy if you have a nonstandard spot on your board that you need to fill.